Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Superstorm Sandy Recovery -- Out of State Utility Crews in NJ

I want to take a few moments and thank the many out of state utility crews who came from around the United States and Canada to help us out here in the mid-atlantic. Words can not adequately express my gratitude. I am going to focus on NJ, because it is where I live. First, I was able to get a few pictures in the last few days of a three out of state utility crews.

Utility worker from Intren (Union IL) at staging area awaiting his next work order
Crew from Robert Henry Corp (South Bend IN) replaced a transformer
Crew from Robert Henry Corp (South Bend IN) replaced a transformer

Crew from Penelec (NW PA) replacing wire
Crew from Penelec (NW PA) replacing wire
Here is a list of out of state utility crews that I saw in my town and in adjoining towns in NJ:

Pike Electric, I believe that it was a Pike Electric Crew that restored power to our neighborhood on Nov. 9th, thanks guys!! Some of the Pike crews were from Alabama
Henkels and McCoy Intren (IL) PenElec (Northwest PA)
Robert Henry Corp

Here is a video from the Asbury Park Press that I thought you might enjoy showing a couple of the tent cities set up in Ocean County NJ, for the out of state crews. Ocean County's barrier islands were among those hard hit by Superstorm Sandy. For more info see this Asbury Park Press article (also includes link to video).



Finally, a couple of articles and a photo gallery: Asbury Park Press - Nebraska Power workers going home.
Star Ledger -- Utility workers come to NJ's aid
Star Ledger photo gallery out of state utility crews

No comments: