Thursday, November 08, 2012

Superstorm Sandy -- 10 days later

A lot of folk here in NJ and elsewhere in the tri-state area (NY and CT) have been hit much worse by Superstorm Sandy than I have. All things considered while I am a tad uncomfortable at times on day 10 without power, I am grateful. Only minor damage to my house which was prepared prior to the nor'easter that hit yesterday. We only had a trace amount of snow in my area, other areas especially the shore counties of Monmouth and Ocean got 6 to 12 inches. One more cold night ahead then a tad warmer for four days. I'll take it.

The County and Township Office of Emergency Management are staffed by wonderful people and I feel cared for by both.

I am currently at a hotspot provided by the Lowes near my house, and they are getting to know me.

To all the out of state utility crews, forestry workers, structure firefighters, policeman, relief workers, etc., etc. I thank all of you for helping us out.

I don't know when I'll get my power back, and perhaps when I do I won't have the internet. If that is the case, I won't complain. I've posted articles through Nov. 14 on a MWF schedule.

Be safe everyone!

No comments: