Monday, November 26, 2012

more wildfire activity in the southeast and enhanced fire Wx in NJ on 11/24

I continue to be interested in wildfire activity here this fall here on the east coast. Some of you may know that the National Weather Service issued a warning for enhanced fire weather on Saturday, Nov. 24, thanks to my friends at the National Weather Service I found an NWS website for archived statements, warnings, watches, advisories and the like issued by the NWS. An archive of the enhanced fire weather warning for Nov. 24 issued by the Mt. Holly office should be found here (I hope). I would hope that if there was any major fire activity on the 24th that I might have gotten wind of it by now, but I have heard of no such activity. However, I still have my ears open for such news and will post an update on this page if I hear of anything.

In the meantime, I continue to be interested in wildfire activity in the southeastern portion of the U.S., especially in Tennessee. Thanks to Mike Archer's good work on his fire publications blog where I just now read today's article (Nov. 26), I saw that he included articles about wildfires in Maryland, South Carolina, North Carolina, Mississippi, and Georgia. Rather than repost Mike's links, I'll let you go the article Mike wrote today (Nov. 26) and read what you are interested in.

updated on July 18, 2013: video that I had embedded here is no longer available. :-(

I'll continue to monitor wildfire activity in the eastern and southern regions in the U.S. and will report back here about significant activities.

I am reminded that wildfire season is not necessarily ever over. . .

updated on October 12, 2015 to remove dead links.

No comments: