Friday, August 22, 2008

stay tuned

Sorry for the tease. We are leaving in about five minutes to go back to the Hunterdon County Fair to watch pig races at 4 PM and then a 4H drill team (horses) demonstration at 5 PM.

I have been wanting to write about an undeveloped State Forest, Penn State Forest that we went to a few times in the Pine Barrens. I was fortunate to remember that we first found about the Penn State Forest through our trusty and now old Fifty Hikes in New Jersey book byBruce Scofield, Stella J. Green, and H. Neil Zimmerman. A hike on the sand roads in the Penn State Forest was featured as one of the hikes. So, remembering the name of the Forest with the nifty little map from the USGS topological maps (Woodsmansie and Oswego Lake Quandrangles), I was able to find this on google earth and downloaded an image.

But I have run out of time, so this will be next entry.

After I return from the fair.

No comments: