Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Time out: new toy

Finally broke down and purchased a new Mac laptop. A 15 inch macbook pro. My old Mac powerbook G4 is almost 6 years old and I think that power supply might be going, and I can no longer use it on battery power. So it was time. Had the Apple store add memory, so it is fully loaded with memory, 4 gigs) and installed almost all of the updates. That took me most of the afternoon. So, between going to the gym, buying a new laptop, and installing updates most of my day is now gone.

In the meantime, I just entered various books, references, and reports on wildland fires in my bibliograhpic database software (Endnote X). Seventy documents, most of which I have either read or skimmed. I finished this task last night. So, I'll be back, hopefully tomorrow with another entry.

No comments: