Wednesday, February 04, 2009

For more on helicopter firefighting

Early on in my research on the role of aviation in wildland firefighting, TL Stien sent me this link to a site with a whole assortment of links about aerial fire fighting and aviation operated by Thomas Eggleston. Included in the links, as an article by Thomas Eggleston on Helicopter Firefighting, focusing on the use of the bambi bucket. I found it very interesting and have added to my growing file collection. It may be found here (you will need adobe reader or another pdf viewer to read the file).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you may be interested in what we published - Sunrise Fire - it's a book about the pine barrens and firefighting.

In the story, there's a scene about water bucket training with the Colonel.

The story is about 5 teens that join the fire department for community service and the story also reflects fire planning and management issues.

Here's the link:
http://www.qualityparks.org/content/sunrise-fire

Random Ramblings NJ said...

Mindy,

Thanks for the reference, I think that you are the second person who has mentioned this book to me. Be assured that it is on my list of books to read.

Tyler