Thursday, February 19, 2009

More on SEATs

In my wonderings around the web learning about the world of the use of air support in wildland fire fighting, I quickly found out that there are more than one type of single engine air tankers (SEAT) being used. Yes, it does seem that the AT-802F SEAT is the only SEAT approved by the Interagency Airtanker Board, see my Feb. 10 post for more information.

I do want to take this opportunity to remind everyone, myself including, that there are other SEATs out there that can be used for State contracts or other contracts that are not nationwide contracts. For example, the NJ Forest Fire Services uses AgCats (aka FireCats), contract aircraft owned by Downstown, the contractor that NJ was contracted with for years. Go here to read my earlier post on the AgCat.

So with that in mind, I am going to write about two more SEATS, the Ayers-Thrush models and the Dromander M-18.

I will write about Ayers-Thrush in my next post.

No comments: