Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Up close and personal with DC-7 tankers: in action (2 of 2)

When I first wrote this entry in December 2009, there was a very nice 20 minute video on Patrick's Aviation from Bob Webb shot from the cockpit of a DC-7.  The Patrick's Aviation website has since been taken down. So I am embedding a couple of Bob Webb's You Tube videos shot from a DC-7 tanker.

I will never get a chance to ride in the cockpit of an air tanker, but thanks to Bob's videos, I can say that I have experienced what it is like to ride in the cockpit of an airtanker. Enjoy.

I will be posting my own reflections based on my experience writing this series on DC-7 tankers in a few days after the original date of the post (December 23, 2009).

Edited on November 8, 2016

Shot during the 2005 fire season, DC-7 Tanker. pilots are Webb/Rowe. 

Direct link to video by Bob Webb

Shot during the 2005 fire season southwest of Cedar City Utah, DC-7 Tanker. From Bob's description of the video: "flying down into a deep hole to get to the fire, not once but twice!"

Direct link to video by Bob Webb






No comments: