Monday, June 06, 2011

Arizona Wildfires and update on Honey Prairie Complex Fire (GA)

No doubt that some of you have heard of the Wallow fire that has burned on the order of 200,000 acres in eastern Arizona near the border with New Mexico.

Bill Gabbert of Wildfire Today has done his usual excellent job of reporting on this fire. I don't believe in reinventing the wheel, and since I have some other projects on my plate right now I am going to suggest that you check out his site for the latest. An article that Bill posted today may be found here. He has some maps and other information posted.

I do understand from Bill's reporting that helicopters are working the fire. I have no definitive word at the moment about tankers working the fire, but given the size of the fire, I'd suspect that some tankers (including SEATs) are working the fire.

Other pages that you might want to check out:

inci web on the Willow Fire
inci web on the Horseshoe Two Fire
wildfire today hotlist thread on Wallow Fire

I reported awhile back on the Honey Prairie Complex Fire in Georgia. When I was on inci web just now, I saw that they are reporting that the fire is 80% contained. The fire has burned over 166,000 acres. Check out this inciweb page for more information

2 comments:

Bill Gabbert said...

Thanks for the kinds words, Tyler. I appreciate it!

Random Ramblings NJ said...

Bill,

my pleasure.

Tyler