Monday, June 20, 2011

Wildfires in FL (summer) - update #2

I spent a little time this morning looking around on the internet to see what photographs or videos I can find on the current wildifire activity in Florida. Recall that I wrote about these wildfires here where I included some links that you can go to for more information.

Among other things, I was interested in aircraft being used to work the fires in Florida (and Georgia). I think but am not sure that a couple of P-3 tanker's may have been assigned to either Florida or Georgia to work either the Honey Prairie Complex Fire and/or the wildfires in Florida. I was hoping to find some photographs or videos showing tanker's working the fire. However, I found no photos or videos. Which doesn't mean that there are not photos or videos around, it just means I haven't found any. If I find any, I'll let you know.

However, I did find a photo library from the Orlando Sentinel showing pictures of the wildfires in Florida, including several nice shots of a helo and bucket working one of the fires, go here to see the photos.

I checked the National Weather Service (NWS) and as far as I know, there were no red flag warnings issued for Florida or Georgia for today (June 20, 2011). To see the current fire weather warning map (revised frequently), go here. Please be advised than when you check out the fire weather page, the red flag warnings will be different than they were at the time I write this article.

No comments: