Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Former Wildland Firefighter speaks on the deaths of the 19 Granite Mountain Hotshots

Updated July 9, 5:20 PM EDT

As I paused this afternoon to watch some of the livestream of today's memorial service for the 19 Granite Mountain Hotshots (2 PM EDT, 11 AM MST) I am remembering what my friend Tom Janney said about the loss of his brother wildland firefighters as he was interviewed by Boise ID media the other day. I thought it fitting to share a link to this video here.

Unfortunately, I am not able to embed the video here, but I encourage you to take a few minutes and go to this direct link to video from KIVI TV in Boise ID to watch the video report. In addition to hearing Tom's moving share, KIVI TV reports on the Wildland Firefighting Foundation sending a statue of a firefighter to Prescott where it is probably already placed outside the arena in Prescott.

YarnellFallenFireFighters had a link to the live stream of the memorial service (since ended). While the memorial service was being streamed live I had embedded some code from one of the Phoenix TV stations, the service is over so I have deleted that link and article to avoid confusion.


No comments: