- A Nov. 19th report from WVMetronews that the Smoke Hole Fire in WV was at 70 percent containment. Today's morning briefing from the Eastern Area Coordination Center reports that the fire is 90 percent contained.
- The Landfill Fire has burned 1,507 acres in Wythe County VA and is at 85 percent containment as I write this.
- The South Fork Fire has burned 600 acres in Page and Shenandoah Counties VA and is at 50 percent containment as I write this.
- Five to seven acre wildfire in MA (11/16/13)
- Wildfire in Berks County, PA (11/19/13
- A wildfire that burned hundreds of acres in Orangeburg NY (north of NYC) was was thought to be extinguished on Sunday, Nov. 17 only to rekindle on Tues. Nov. 19, 2013
Friday, November 22, 2013
Still more fall wildfire activity in the Mid-Atlantic
As I sit here and contemplate the meager rainfall that I have recorded in my rain gauge coupled with yet more enhanced fire danger weather this week and more enhanced fire danger expected this Sunday in my corner of NJ, I want to take a bit of time to note some of the wildfire activity that I have noted in the eastern region of the United States. But first, please read this article on the persistent fire danger in NJ this fall
Thanks to all the firefighters who have been working these fires. Stay safe everyone!
Note: I'm never sure how long news articles that I link to will be freely available. I viewed all of the articles before posting this article.