Friday, November 08, 2013

Super Typhoon Haiyan



direct link to video on youtube

I am taking a time out from writing about the Rim Fire Burned Area Emergency Response to remember all those impacted by Super Typhoon Haiyan that hit the Phillipines early on Nov. 8, 2013. I found the video that I embedded above from this article from NASA - Goddard. Winds around the eye could be as much as 195 mph. Here are some radar images of Haiyan and a link to an animated (gif) satellite image.

Various media outlets are covering the Typhoon, here is a report from NBC News, and a report from the National Geographic.

Added at 5:21 EST on 11/8/13: 
visible satellite landfall loop from the Korean COMS-1 satellite courtesy of Scott Bachmeier of the University of Wisconsin CIMSS group I found this link on Dr. Jeff Masters blog on wunderground for Nov. 8, 2013.

My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by Haiyan.


No comments: