Monday, January 20, 2014

Colby Fire - So. CA #2

Last Friday, I wrote here about the Colby Fire. I want to provide an update. As I write this, the inciweb page on the Colby Fire is reporting that the fire has burned 1,952 acres and is at 84 percent containment. No evacuations are currently in place.

If you are following Bill Gabbert's Wildfire Today or Fire Aviation then you have probably seen the photos that of the CL-415 that he posted yesterday and the videos of the CL-415 that he posted on Fire Aviation last Friday. If you haven't already done so, I hope that you go and look at these photos and videos of the CL-415.

I came across a nice video of about 7.5 minutes posted on youtube by Bruce Woodall of a couple of helos working the Colby Fire. The focus of the video is on the helos dipping. I don't know about you, but I like watching helos dipping.



direct link to video

No comments: