Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Photographer looks at Gatlinburg TN wildfire recovery 1 year later

As we pass the one year anniversary of the Chimney2Fire that burned in and around Gatlinburg TN last year, I found myself reflecting on this wildfire, wondering how the recovery was going.  I was in the Asheville NC area this past summer and saw the beauty of the Smokies up close and personal for the first time. They are an awesome sight. Various things prevented us from going to Gaitlinburg (Sevier County TN) last summer so I was very glad to see a report from WBIR News 10 on Photographer Bruce McCarnish who was a special affinity for Sevier County, the landscape and her people, Photographer telling story of Sevier County Wildfire Recovery, a direct link to the video that accompanies the report may be found here. Not only to get a welcome glimpse of the recovery in Sevier County that represents Sevier County moving forward, but I learned a bit about the man behind the camera and his passion for Sevier County, TN and environs.

WBIR News 10 has a You Tube channel where I found the above referenced video, allow four minutes to watch the video.


Direct link to video from WBIR on You Tube

WBIR News10 has other stories about the wildfires in Sevier County one year later that may be found here. I think that this may be a special link and I don't know how long the link will be active. So if you are arriving here later, and the link does not work then you will know why.


No comments: