Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Initial Attack on a Grass Fire in Oklahoma

Before I get to the video that I want to share, I want to update you on a couple of wildfires that I wrote about on February 19th. The Red Horse Fire that burned 2,549 acres in Woods County, Oklahoma that I wrote about I checked the February 21, 2018 Morning Report on the Southern Area Coordination Center  where they reported that the Red Horse Fire is at 100 percent containment. On February 20th, the Southern Area Coordination Center's Morning Report noted that the Hwy 34 and 173 Fire is at 100 percent containment. You may find the current Morning Report and other Southern Area Products under Southern Area Reports on this Southern Area Coordination Center Webpage.

Several days ago, I came upon this video from Keith Buntin showing the Jennings Oklahoma Fire Department providing mutual aid to the Yale Oklahoma Fire Department for a grass fire. The video is about 15 minutes long, and depicts initial attack by this engine and crew. The video was shot from the cab of this engine. I believe but am not certain that you are seeing an engine with a small water tanker allowing the crew to use a hose on the grass fire.


Direct link to video on Youtube




No comments: