Friday, March 16, 2018

Prescribed Burning Season in NJ extended

In a normal year, what ever that is, prescribed burning season in New Jersey ends on March 15th. With two nor'easters in early March, as I understand it, the New Jersey Forest Fire Service (NJFFS has extended the prescribed burning  (Rx) season for another 2 to 4 weeks. In northern New Jersey, the Rx season has been extended to April 15th. In central New Jersey the Rx season has been extended to April 1. I am not sure about southern New Jersey. As I live in northern New Jersey, I am glad that the Rx burning season has been extended to April 15th because their is still some snow on the ground, and probably more snow at higher elevations.

I thank my friends at the B10 NJ Wildland Fire Page for sharing prescribed burns that the NJFFS has scheduled for today in central New Jersey (Division B):

Burlington County

  • Brendon Byrne State Forest, Pemberton
  • Brendon Byrne State Forest, Woodland
  • Mullica River/Batso, Washington
  • Washington Turnpike, Washington


Ocean County

  • Manchester WMA, Manchester
  • Patriot County Park, Jackson
  • Carriage Road, Lucy



No comments: