Friday, March 23, 2018

Time out: update and ongoing projects

I wrote this post a couple of days ago, in advance of nor'easter # 4, just in case. Some areas in New Jersey had near or just over a foot of snow. I measured 9.6 inches. Power outages near the shore, with scattered outages inland.

I suspect, but I may be wrong, that the New Jersey Forest Fire Service probably did not have prescribed burning scheduled for the end of this week because of the weather. New Jersey Forest Fire crews are available for post-storm clean up New Jersey State Parks and Forests I continue to follow the wildfire season in the southern great plains. If you are wondering what is going on, the Oklahoma Forest Service has a fire news blog where the OFS posts their current and past daily situation reports, the current OFS Daily Situation Report may be found here.

The Texas A&M Forest Service has a wildfire and disasters web page where you will find links to the current wildfire situation as well the weekly wildfire potential. The Texas A&M Forest Service has a  twitter page.

Finally don’t forget the reports available from the Southern Area Coordination Center’s intelligence page under southern area products.

I am almost always working on other projects for this blog, so I will continue doing background research on one project in particular. It is too early to say more. Stay tuned.

I do have a post of a different nature lined up for Monday, March 26th where I am sharing some videos showing prescribed burns.

No comments: