Friday, December 07, 2018

Remembering the attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941

At some point in my youth, perhaps when I was in high school. I asked my parents what they remembered about the day Pearl Harbor, Hawaii was attacked. As I recall, and acknowledging that memory can sometimes be unreliable, both of my parents knew exactly where they were when they heard about the attack. I wish I could say that I remember what they told me. But that isn't important. What is important is that they remembered.

One of my grandfathers, an officer in the U.S. Army, served in the war. My other grandfather was a civilian who worked in the aeronautical industry supporting the air war. I thank them for their service.

I to remember, not in the same day that my parents and those of their generation did, but I remember.

And #WeRemember

So, because #WeRemember, I share this video from the US Army that they uploaded to youtube for National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.


Direct link to video on Youtube uploaded by the U.S. Army

No comments: