Wednesday, December 05, 2018

RIP George H. W. Bush: WWII Naval Aviator and 41st President

Today, I pause to remember the passing of George H. W. Bush, the 41st President of the United States. He was the last President who served in World War II. He served as a naval aviator. I understand that he is wearing his airplane socks.

I expect that most of you in the U.S. have heard by now of his service in World War II and that his plane was shot down in the Pacific.

President Bush, may you fly in favorable tail winds.

Even if you are familiar with President Bush's World War II service, please take three minutes to listen to his son, Neil Bush, talk about his Father's military service.

Updated on December 20, 2020: the video that I shared when I first posted this article is no longer available.

No comments: