Monday, July 01, 2019

Eagles in flight: for my friend Bob

I post this video today of eagles in flight in memory of Bob, a wonderful man whom I had the privilege of working with almost 40 years ago. I only recently found out that he died very suddenly earlier this year. We were the same age but he seemed much wiser than I. He was  a very good, gentle, and caring man, devoted to helping others. He had a great sense of humor.

I think that Bob would like and approve of my special relationship with Eagles and Hawks. When I was upset about not being able to get my pilot's license a few years ago, I saw a Red Tailed Hawk sitting on a utility pole. I was telling a pilot friend of mine about the significance of seeing the Hawk on a day when I was distraught over not being able to get a pilot's license. My pilot friend told me that the Hawk was releasing me into her world. So, when I see an Eagle or a Hawk flying, in a way I am flying with them in their world.

Bob, this is for you. Welcome to the world of the Eagle and the Hawk. May you always fly in favorable tail winds.

RIP my friend.


Direct link to video


No comments: