Friday, July 05, 2019

wildland firefighter safety: synopsis and what is coming up

I recently wrote a few articles about wildland firefighter safety. Here is a listing of those recent articles for your convenience. These articles are only possible because of some excellent videos that I embed in each post as well other relevant materials that I have found on the internet.

June 12, 2019. 2019 wildfire seasons: reflections on being safe
June 14, 2019. wildland firefighter safety: 10 standard fire orders
June 17, 2019. wildland firefighter safety: 18 situations that shout watch out
June 21, 2019. wildland firefighter safety L.C.E.S.
June 24, 2019. wildland firefighter safety: personal protective equipment
June 26, 2019. wildland firefighter safety: fire shelters
June 28, 2019. wildland firefighter safety: training

I do plan to write additional articles about wildland firefighter safety, both on the ground and in the air. I am working on an article about weather that I hope to post in a week or so. As some of my long-time readers know, I have written about the safety of air operations over wildfires. Yes, I have written several articles about the danger that unmanned aircraft systems (aka drones) pose to aerial operations over wildfires (and to airports). But there are other aspects of aviation safety over wildfires that I have written about in the past and want to revisit, and possibly update including but not limited to: checklists, emergency retardant drops. temporary flight restrictions, winds, and smoke. At the very least, I want to spend some time reviewing the articles that I have written in the past before posting a link to those articles.