Monday, March 16, 2020

On a personal note and 2019 wildfire season: Middlefork Ranger District (OR) Crew 501 crew video

On a personal note, yours truly the author of this blog had cataract surgery on one eye a week ago, and the second cataract surgery is scheduled for next week. The surgery is being done in outpatient surgery center devoted only to eyes, so hopefully that will bode will during restrictions from Covid-19. Even with only one eye done, corrected for distance and mid-range, my vision is better. The eye surgeon cleared me to drive, which is great. Yes, I am staying close to home and practicing social distancing. And with my eye drops, I don't need to tell you how many times a day I am washing my hands.

I had planned last week's articles prior to my cataract surgery but had not prepared ahead for this week.

Working on the computer is a bit of a challenge until I get my second cataract surgery. I am getting used to where I have to see to see the computer. But it is a bit of a strain, so I try not to overdue.

I had something else planned for today's blog article, but I was feeling somewhat tired and decided to chill out this afternoon. So, this post is coming late in the day. Better late then never.

With that being said, I leave you with this 2019 crew video from Crew 501 from the Middlefork Ranger District in the Williamette National Forest in Oregon. 

Update on August 14, 2020: The video I shared when I first posted has since been deleted. 

No comments: