Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Prescribed Burn Season in New Jersey ended

I had been aware of the prescribed burning (RxB) season in New Jersey, I do not quite recall when the season officially starts. This year it may have started a little earlier because of the warmer winter. The first post I made about the RxB season in New Jersey was on February 3rd, and the New Jersey Forest Fire Service (NJFFS) issued a press release about RxB on February 25th saying that the RxB season was officially underway. I usually make more posts about the RxB season here in New Jersey. but distractions due to my recent cataract surgery, I made fewer posts then normal. But, I do want to assure all that I was aware and paying attention.

A friend of mine gave me a heads up the other day that the RxB season in New Jersey officially ended on March 15th. I think that this is the normal date when the season ends. But sometimes the RxB season is extended. Not so this year because of recent dry conditions. Kudos to the NJFFS for a job well done.

The NJFFS received national accolades for their Prescribed Burn program in 2019, the 84th year that they have done Prescribed Burns, here is a copy of the 2019 press release announcing these national accolades. This year makes 85 years.


No comments: