Friday, October 23, 2020

DC-7 T-60 may have flown her firefighting last mission

Long time readers know that I have a fondness for the DC-7 tankers, having written numerous posts over the years, go here  and here to see all of my posts on DC-7 tankers. Erickson Aero Air has three DC-7's, T-60, T-62, and T-66 after acquiring Butler Aviation in 2012. I knew from social media and from reading Bill Gabbert's Fire Aviation that T-60 was slated to retire from aerial firefighting this year. I am not sure about the status of tankers 62 and 66. Perhaps they are already retired. So, I was not surprised when I read Bill Gabbert's October 22nd post, Tanker 60 retires from aerial firefighting.

Rest well tanker 60, you have flown well, doing valuable service for many years flying fires in support of firefighters on the ground. You have helped save lives. I am sorry that I never met you or your kin DC-7 tankers in person. Where ever you go next fly in favorable winds. 


Direct link to video on Youtube

No comments: