Monday, October 19, 2020

Thank-you Firefighters

While I can not be there holding up a sign to thank all the wildland firefighters -- on the ground, in the air, and their support teams -- I do want all of you to know how much your work on all the fires in the western United States means to me. I found a nice video, a little over six minutes uploaded on September 4th, thanking all the firefighters who were working the SCU Complex of wildfires. Many folk stood on the side of the road with signs to thank the firefighters as they passed by on their way to fight fires. The thoughts expressed in this video, while specific to one complex of wildfires,  speak to what is in my heart as an expression of my thanks to all firefighters who have worked and will continue to work wildfires in this horrendous wildfire season. Take this post as a virtual thank-you sign from me to you. Thank-you, stay safe. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten.


Direct link to video uploaded by Incident Command Photography

No comments: