Monday, February 08, 2021

A look at the Global Supertanker T-944

In the "so what else is new category" we had a few inches of snow yesterday with more unsettled weather forecast for this week. I do have help with driveway plowing and shoveling, for that I am eternally very grateful, they are the salt of the earth and take good care of us in the winter and doing the lawn and other landscaping in the warm season. Still, there is shoveling that I do, so I did some earlier this morning and again this afternoon and will a little more this evening. Then there is the more mundane activity of going to the super market for my curbside grocery order. 

At times like this, I am glad that I have some airtanker videos saved so I perused what I had to find something interesting to share today and came up with a couple of videos about the Global Supertanker 747 T-944. According the Supertanker's technology overview she can drop 19,200 gallons at a drop height of 200 to 300 feet at a drop speed of 150 knots. Those of you who are interested in more details about the Supertanker will want to take a little time to look at the Supertanker's technology overview. Other information about her mission profile, a drop comparison chart the aforementioned  technology overview, and a short video where you may see her tank system up close and personal may be found on Global Supertanker's Technology page. Through 2020, she has flown missions in Israel, Chile, Bolivia, California, and Oregon. I am not quite sure where she is now.

Enjoy the videos.










No comments: