Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Wildland firefighters: PPE for an engine crew

Knowing that in many parts of the United States crews are starting to do their annual refresher training, I thought that I'd spend sometime (with the help of videos) looking at the gear they carry, a little about their annual refresher training, and other safety concerns. 

I spent some time looking at some videos about the gear that wildland firefighters carry and I liked this two part video (2014) by WranglerStar about the gear he carried while driving an engine. I liked this because he explained the reasoning behind the gear, and he is easy to listen to. Allow about ten minutes minutes for each video. It is a little long, but the time passed quickly and I learned. 


Direct link to video (part 1) by WranglerStar


Direct link to video (part 2) by WranglerStar


No comments: