Monday, May 17, 2021

2021 NJ wildfire season: Little Egg Harbor Twnshp Fire Update

I would like to follow-up on the post I made earlier today on the wildfire in Little Egg Harbor Township -- known as the Ballanger Fire -- on the border of Ocean and Burlington Counties in New Jersey. Here is an evening update from the New Jersey Forest Fire Service. Residences are no longer threatened and all roads are open. A NJ Forest Fire Service helicopter flew over the fire, I do not know if it was an observation helicopter or if it made bucket drops. Thanks to my friends at NJFFS Section B10 for the name of this wildfire.

Corrected on May 18th to say that at the time I wrote the article I did not know if the helicopter was observation only or making bucket drops. I just read Bill Gabbert's May 17th article where he reported that the helicopter was making observation flights. Thank-you Bill!

No comments: