Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Kudos to the New Jersey Forest Fire Service for a job well done (May16-18 wildfires)

I want to give a shout out, as I can via this blog, to the New Jersey Forest Fire Service for your hard work fighting two wildfires in New Jersey the past three days, the Ballanger Fire and the Turkey Buzzard Fire, both are now contained with no property damage and no injuries reported. You stayed safe. Would if I could be in the fire area with a sign of thank-you and perhaps some goodies to express my gratitude for a job well done. But that is not possible, so this will have to do. Thankfully you contained both fires quickly so perhaps time away from your loved ones was minimal. I know that some of you are patrolling the area with the fires burned to do mop up duty and to be sure that the containment lines hold. While dry and with low relative humidity (for New Jersey), the winds are calm. That is a blessing. 

And while crews were working the Ballanger And Turkey Buzzard Fires, other NJFFS crews were and still are working other wildfires elsewhere in the State. 

As I can and as is appropriate, I am not shy in telling all how proud I am of all of you in the New Jersey Forest Fire Service, your contractors, mutual aid responders and various supporting agencies. It brought a tear to my eye to know that local fire companies were on the scene to provide assistance. 



In closing, I want to share a short video from CBS3 in Philadelphia reporting on both wildfires. The video report appears to have been made before the Turkey Buzzard Fire was contained.

Direct link to video from CBS3 in Philadelphia


No comments: