Friday, January 21, 2022

Ag Aviation: about GPS and lightbars

 If you are an an arm chair ag aviation enthusiast like I am, you may have seen the lightbars on the outside front fuselage of many ag aviation planes. Now I had an idea that most ag aviation planes had a GPS system, but I did not how the GPS worked to help the pilots spray a field. I only recently saw, thanks to recently watching ag planes in action that the light bar may have been tied into the GPS system. Of course this was pure speculation on my part. I was wondering around on YouTube this morning when I saw a video from Ag Aviation Adventures called "How the Light Bar and GPS Systems Work in Ag Aviation." I watched this short, six minute video and got a basic idea for ag pilots use the light bar and GPS in their work spraying fields. I do not know how many variations on the light bar and GPS systems there are in ag aviation. That does not feel important at the moment. I did learn something and as I have recently been posting articles sharing ag aviation videos, I wanted to take you along on my journey to learn more about ag aviation operations. Enjoy


Direct link to video by Ag Aviation Adventures on YouTube

No comments: