Friday, January 07, 2022

Firefighting train working 2018 Delta Fire

In addition to being a non-pilot aviation enthusiast, I love trains. I have known that specially equipped trains can be used to fight wildfires near tracks. Thanks to my friends at NJFFS Section B10 who shared this video about three weeks ago in their video of the week page. When I went to Bill Gabbert's Wildfire Today Site, I saw that he had a few articles about fire trains that you may want to look at to learn more about the different types of fire trains, his tagged articles on fire trains may be found here. Those of you who follow Bill's site may recall that he shared about fire trains fighting the 2018 Delta Fire October 8, 2018, where he shared a video report about fire trains from ABC10 along with a longer raw video by DanR. Thanks Bill for your work on your fire train series. 


Direct link to video on YouTube by Dan R

No comments: