Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Wildland Firefighting: Dozers in Action

 I have recently been thinking about the important work that dozers do in wildland firefighting operations. At the same time, I have also been thinking about wildland firefighting on the east coast of the United States. So, you guessed it, I have two short videos that I am embedding below for your viewing pleasure. I enjoyed seeing these dozers operating up and down hill. I can only imagine the skill of the dozer operators in driving their dozers.

The first video is of a dozer plowing a containment line down hill at the 2016 Bluff Mountain Fire in Tennessee.

Direct link to video from the Tennessee Division of Forestry on YouTube


In the second video from August 2022 you will see a dozer plowing uphill in support of wildfire IR mapping for the Mckinney Fire that burned near the Oregon-California border.

Direct link to video from the Siskiyou News on Youtube

No comments: