Wednesday, December 14, 2022

2022 wildfire season: Bald Mountain Helitack 2022 season

I continue posting 2022 season summary videos from various wildland fire crews. Today's offering is from Bald Mountain Helitack 517, located in Stanislaus National Forest southeast of Sacramento, California. As I have no first hand experience of working on a wildfire crew, nor will I in the future, the best way that I can share with you what life is like is through sharing videos like the one I am sharing today. More importantly I hope that the wildland fire crews know that I have deep respect for all that you do to keep us safe and the sacrifices you make in time away from your loved ones. 

I enjoyed getting a feeling of the crew's season including on the fireline, resting, and crew interactions during downtime. I also enjoyed the footage of their helicopter. Enjoy! Allow about 12 minutes to watch the video.

 

Direct link to video by Mark Welsh

No comments: