Wednesday, February 22, 2023

2022 Wildfire Season: Red River Initial Attack 2022 season

On a slightly more personal note I have been involved in purchasing my first new car in 18 years the last couple of days. Needless to say I have been slightly distracted taking care of various details prior to and just after the purchase. I continue with Subarus. Anyway, I am not here to talk about cars but I am here to continue posting about aerial wildland firefighting and related concerns. To that end, I continue with sharing videos from wildfire crews summarizing their 2022 wildfire season.

I came across a very nice video with some great fire photography from Ben Johnson summarizing the Red River Initial Attack Crew's 2022 wildfire season. I think but am not sure that this crew may be based in the northwestern United States. It does not always matter that I don't know for sure where a wildfire crew is based. The point in continuing to share these videos is both to provide folk like me with a glimpse into life on various kinds of wildland fire crews in different parts of the United States as well as my way of acknowledging and thanking a particular wildfire crew for their sacrifice in working on a wildfire crew in order to keep us as safe as possible from wildfires.

Please enjoy this video of the Red River Initial Attack Crew's 2022 wildfire season.


Direct link to video by Ben Johnson on YouTube


No comments: