Friday, February 24, 2023

New Jersey Forest Fire Service 2023 Wildfire Season and Prescribed Burns continue (February 24)

 

As the spring prescribed burning season in New Jersey continues, the New Jersey Forest Fire Service (NJFFS) has been also worked small brushfires around the State. I do not have access to number for this fire season, but I do know of some small brush fires thanks to reliable social media. These small brushfires include but are not limited to the following brushfires, thanks to the North Jersey Wildland Fire Association's Facebook page who support Division A (northern NJ) of the NJFFS. I am listing brushfires where I know that the NJFFS responded. I did not list a few other small brush fires that I saw where I did not know if the NJFFS responded. My thanks to the NJFFS for containing these small brush fires fairly quickly and in some cases before nearby residences and other structures were threatened. 

Blairstown (Warren County) NJ on February 20th, 1/4 acre

Alexandria Township (Hunterdon County) NJ on February 20, 3 acres

Pochuck Valley (Sussex County) NJ on February 16, acreage unknown

Wantage (Sussex County) NJ on February 7, 1/4 acre

Martinsville (Somerset County) NJ on February 6, acreage unknown

No comments: