Wednesday, May 31, 2023

2023 New Jersey Wildfire Season: Box Turtle Fire (Gloucester County) Contained

Better late than never. I got involved in other things yesterday and neglected to check out my usual online sources for wildfire activity in New Jersey. Thanks to New Jersey Advance Media, this morning I learned about a 158 acre fire in the White Oaks Management Area in Gloucester County in southern New Jersey, this article is behind a paywall so you probably won't be able to see the full article. But as a subscriber to on of the New Jersey Media publications I do want to give a shout out to them for their reporting on this fire. I did find a May 30th article about this fire on 6 Action News in Philadelphia that is freely available as I write this as well as a video on YouTube.

Direct link to video from 6ABC Philadelphia

The fire was first reported on Monday night, May 29th and was declared 100 percent contained by the New Jersey Forest Fire Service the afternoon of May 30th. I then went to the New Jersey Forest Fire Service's Facebook page and found the following update with photos


No comments: