Wednesday, May 10, 2023

2023 Wildfire Season: Alberta Wildfires (May 10th)

 I knew over the weekend that there were wildfires burning in Alberta and one way I know that wildfires are having a major impact, both in size and on residential and business properties is when the news of these wildfires show up in my newsfeed. See for example this May 10th CNN report. However, I did not have to go my newsfeed to learn about these wildfires because I follow Wildfire Today where Kelly Anderson covered these fires on May 5th and May 9th.  In addition, you may want to read this May 9th article from Grist and a May 8th article from the New York Times (I subscribe to the NY Times and I hope that have successfully used one of my "gifts" to give you free access to this article through May 20th). The New York Times reports that "around 964,000 acres have burned since wildfires started more than a week ago, destroying dozens of structures and forcing nearly 30,000 residents of Alberta to evacuate. ... Alberta declared a state of emergency on Saturday as more than 110 wildfires burned across the province."

I thought that you might enjoy this May 9th report on these Alberta Wildfires from CBC.


Direct link to video from CBC News on YouTube


No comments: