Monday, July 31, 2023

Fourth Wildland Firefighter Died in Canada

 On July 17th I wrote about two wildland firefighters who died in Canada. On July 21st I had the sad task of writing about a third wildland firefighter who died in Canada. Yesterday I learned of a fourth wildland firefighter who died in Canada. The 25-year old male firefighter from Ontario died in British Columbia when the truck he was driving overturned, see this June 29th article on Fire Aviation. In addition you may also want to see a July 31st article from Firehouse News. I learned of the Firehouse News article from Mike Archer's Wildfire News of the Day newsletter on July 31st. Thanks to Firehouse News and the NJ Forest Fire Service Section B10 for the video that I share below. I offer my prayers to the family, friends and all who loved these deceased wildland firefighters.


Direct link to video from CBC News on YouTube

No comments: