Monday, July 17, 2023

Two wildland firefighters died in Canada

 I am saddened to read about not one but two wildland firefighters who died recently fighting wildfires in Canada. A male firefighter, not identified, died on Saturday fighting a wildfire in the Northwest Territories. On Thursday, 19-year old Devyn Gale died while she was fighting a wildfire in British Columbia, Wildfire Today wrote a July 15th article about Devyn's death, May both firefighters rest in peace and I offer my prayers and condolences for their families, friends, colleagues and all who loved them.

Updated on July 18th, 12:11 PM EDT: Sometime after I posted this article yesterday morning, Wildfire Today posted an article reporting on the death of the wildland firefighter who died fighting a wildfire in the Northwest Territories. To the best of my knowledge at the time I write this update, the identity of the firefighter has not been released.


Direct link to video from CBC Vancouver


Direct link to video from CBC News: The National

No comments: