Friday, October 20, 2023

2023 Canadian Wildfire Season: Summary of the Season

Like many of you, I have been following the 2023 wildfire season in Canada, by far the worst season on record. My heart goes out to all those affected by these wildfires, residents and businesses who lost structures, those who were evacuated, and the wildland firefighters from around Canada with international support. I have been interested in finding a summary of the season when I came across a video from The Weather Network, thanks to my friends from the NJ Forest Fire Service who shared this video yesterday on their home page (updated daily). According to the information presented in this video, there were 6,573 wildfires (to date) in Canada in 2023. The video has some graphics and maps, a nice map detailing the wildfire activity by province, and short discussions of some wildfires.


Direct link to video from The Weather Network on YouTube

No comments: