Monday, October 02, 2023

Summer Bushfire Season Started in New South Wales Australia on October 1st

I follow the New South Wales (NSW) Rural Fire Service on Facebook partly because I have some friends and family who live(d) in New South Wales but also because for reasons that are hard to explain, I have grown to care about that particular Australian State. But I want to say that I care about the whole country of Australia. So as the Australian summer fire season continues I will try to pay attention, as I can, to bush fires in all of Australia. Anyway, I don't know about the rest of Australia, but I know that the summer bush fire season or what Australians call the Bush Fire Danger Period started on October 1st.


One thing I get from following the NSW Rural Fire Service on Facebook is an idea of the number of bush fires burning across the State of NSW and in their posts they link to how residents of NSW can stay informed of bush fires near them through the NSW Rural Fire Service's Hazards Near Me website  they also have a smart phone app. The post I embed below is dated October 2nd.


No comments: