Wednesday, November 08, 2023

2023 Wildfire Season: wildfire activity in North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virgnia

 I was talking to a good friend of mine who lives in western North Carolina. I visited with them six years ago to watch the solar eclipse, beautiful country. Anyway, they were telling about the wildfires in western North Carolina, one of them is about a 20 to 30 minute drive, as a crow flies, from their house. So I write this post for my friends and for another friend who lives in Virginia (but not near the wildfires). 

I understand from talking with my friend that they are very dry which is adding to the wildfire danger. Here is the latest map from the drought monitor


Note the areas of red in North Carolina. 

Kelly Andersson of Wildfire Today wrote an article on November 7th about Wildfire Emergencies in Virginia and North Carolina.

I thought the best way I could cover the wildfires emergencies in Virginia and North Carolina as well as wildfires in eastern Tennessee is to share some videos, the first two video are courtesy my friends at the New Jersey Forest Fires Section B10 Website who share wildfire videos each day on their home page (scroll to the bottom of the page to see today's videos. All three videos were uploaded to YouTube on or about November 7th.

Governor of Virginia declares emergency

Direct link to video on YouTube from WSLS 10


Wildfires in eastern Tennessee

Direct link to video on YouTube from WBIR Channel 10


Wildfires in western North Carolina, North Carolina

Direct link to video on YouTube from CBS 17


No comments: