Friday, December 29, 2023

2023 Wildfire Season: British Columbia

A video summarizing the very challenging and devastating 2023 Wildfire Season in British Columbia from The BC Wildfire Season. This was the most destructive season in British Columbia history. According to the description on the video page 2,245 wildfires burned at least 2.84 million hectares. The season started early and five wildland firefighters died. Allow just over eleven minutes to watch the video. My condolences go out to the family, colleagues and friends of the wildland firefighters who died. 

I shared this video on my video of the week page for four days, I decided that it was important to acknowledge the devastating 2023 wildfire season in British Columbia in a post that will not be expiring after a week. I do so because I care and want to honor all those who fought these wildfires and the destruction that these wildfires caused.


Direct link to video from the BC Wildfire Service on YouTube

No comments: