Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Holiday Season Fire Safety

As we continue through the end-of-year holidays I have been thinking about the increase in house fires during the holiday seasons. At the very least, keeping our houses fire safe protects our house and the immediate environs but perhaps an electrical fire caused by malfunctioning outdoor lighting may lead to brush fire in the wildland-urban interface in warmer climates or snowless cooler climates. I found the video that I am embedding below on the holiday fire safety page from the U.S. Fire Administration, the graphics that I share come from the same page. I admit that in years past I may have violated one of the holiday fire safety rules and was lucky that nothing happened. Please be fire safe during this holiday and have a happy a safe holiday season.


Direct link to video from the National Institute of Standards on YouTube







No comments: