Wednesday, June 05, 2024

2024 Wildfire Season: Arizona Wildfires

Direct link to video from 12 News in Arizona on YouTube

Thanks to my friends at the daily video updates from my friends at the B10 NJ Wildfire Page as well as stories in the wildfire channel of the newsfeed on my devices, I have been aware of the wildfires that are burning in Arizona. One wildfire that I have read about is the Wildcat Fire that burned 14,402 acres in the Tonto National Forest near Phoenix Arizona, the Wildcat Fire is now at 100 percent containment. I am aware of two other larger wildfires that are still burning, both are in the Tonto National Forest. Stage 1 fire restrictions are in place for much of Arizona.

Adams Fire The Adams fire is still burning in the Tonto National Forest. According to the most recent update on the Adams Fire on Inciweb the Adams fire has burned 5,029 acres and is at 49 percent containment.

Spring Fire The Spring fire continues to burn in the Tonto National Forest. According to the latest update on the Spring Fire on Inciweb (the evening of Jun 4th), this wildfire has burned 4,097 acres and is at 70 percent containment.



No comments: