Wednesday, June 12, 2024

2024 Wildfire Season: New Jersey Forest Fire Service Sending Engine and Crew to Southern California

Every year around this time I start looking to see if the New Jersey Forest Fire Service (NJFFS) is sending an engine(s) and crew to other parts of the country to help them fight wildfires. This year, the NJFFS is sending one type 6 engine with two crew to southern California. Last year the NJFFS sent two engines with five crew to southern California. This deployment will not impact the ability of the NJFFS to fight wildfires in New Jersey. The crew is driving out west and I believe that the crew's deployment is for a period of up to two weeks. My understanding is that the receiving state, in this case California pays the cost. On a personal note, I have family and friends in southern California so I am thankful that the NJFFS will be helping out. Thank-you NJFFS type 6 engine and crew for your service. Stay safe.


No comments: