Wednesday, June 19, 2024

2024 Wildfire Season: New BLM SEAT Base in Casper WY

 Direct link to Facebook post by Casper/Natrona County International Airport

I have a lot of respect for the Bureau of Land Management Fire operations in the United States. Further, as regular readers know, I have a lot of respect for Single Engine Airtankers (SEAT) that do important work all over the United States and internationally working wildfires in support of the wildland firefighters on the ground. SEAT bases and other airports capable of handling SEAT traffic and supporting operations in close proximity to wildfires are important. So when I saw reference to the opening of a BLM SEAT base at the Casper/Natrona County International Airport on June 14th, I knew that I wanted to share this with you. I understand that this airport also has a Large Air Tanker base.


Aerial Fire Magazine has a short article about the opening of the new base in Casper that may be found here. In addition, K2Radio out of Wyoming covers the opening of the new base in an article posted after the base opened

No comments: