Wednesday, August 28, 2024

2024 New Jersey Wildfire Season: 30 acre wildfire in Burlington County NJ contained



When I last checked the New Jersey Forest Fire Service's Facebook page either Monday evening or Tuesday morning of this week I did not see any alert about a small wildfire burning near Coyle Field (NJ Forest Fire Service Division C air base). By the time I checked their Facebook page yesterday evening not only did I learn about this fire but I also learned the fire was contained. The NJ Forest Fire Service's wildland firefighters were aided by a substantial rainfall on Tuesday Afternoon, August 27th. Thanks to the NJ Forest Fire Service who were on the ball as usual fighting this wildfire so that we might be as safe as possible. To the best of my knowledge there were no evacuation orders issued. I have driven by this area a number of times in past years and know that wildfires always have the potential to grow in size, very thankful that this did not happen. 

No comments: