Monday, August 19, 2024

2024 Wildfire Season: Western Oregon (Aug 19)

Direct link to August 17th video from KEZI 9 on Youtube

Last week a friend of mine contacted me saying that they are following a couple of wildfires in Oregon, the Middle Fork and Diamond Complex Fires because they will be traveling in that area in September. As my friend is following these two wildfires and knowing that Oregon is having a bad wildfire season, I wanted to write a little about some of the wildfires in Oregon. Wanting to know a little more, I found KEZI 9 on YouTube, this station has frequent wildfire updates. I am sharing their August 17th update below and using that as jumping off to list the wildfires they are reporting on with what I hope are the correct links to inciweb with acreage and percent containment at the time of this post. This listing is only a partial list of the current wildfires burning in Oregon. 

The State of Oregon has a page with current wildfire information that may be found here, their listings will include some wildfires that are not listed on inciweb. 

No comments: